Saturday 1 October 2011

Time to show you my 'projects'

Ok the moment you have all been waiting for! Ok, maybe not. It's just that it's been cold, miserable, raining, thunder, lightning, very very frightening all week. Supposed to be Spring! So I haven't been very enthused about laying the vinyl tiles in the bathroom. With little light in there and so cold, I just couldn't be bothered. So now I shall bore you or excite you with some items I am doing up. Some will be for sale and some to stay in the hovel, I mean, home. Tee hee hee.
 Some before and after shots of my handiwork!
The 'op shop' special. There are two identical.  


In her new 'outfit'!The pics really don't do the piece justice. I wish I had somewhere nice where I could show these off to take photos.   
I even added some 'dings' to where it would be likely someone used their thumb to open the drawer.
Please ignore the mess! The old Wertheim sewing table I bought on ebay. The dog was not part of the purchase! Had her for nearly 7 years and she follows me everywhere!


Looking much prettier with a fresh coat of paint and black wax. The base is a dark green but will be sprayed black once the weather is nice again.
Detail of the top. Lovely aged look. It already had some great wear on such a new pine top. The black wax brings it out beautifully I think!
  I do have some more projects I am doing and will endeavour to show you soon. The light is really poor this week to show them off nicely. Plus, I am still getting used to my new camera, too!
  
Someone gave me a huge bag of red chillies and I am making Sweet Chilli Sauce, so I'd best get it off the boil before it turns into sweet sticky stove top! 

Till next time!
Maria

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maria
    Great to meet another aussie blogger..

    Well spring has certainly lost it's 'sprung here in Sydney and it's tough after just coming back from summer OS...

    I love what you've done to these bedsides.. just fabulous.. goes to show we shouldn't overlook the often overlooked red-brown.. just paint it!!

    I know what you mean by needing the right place to take shots.. I really haven't anywhere where I live and with outside being miserable.. Sometimes in front of a curtain can get good results..

    Have a great weekend.. rain and all!! ciao xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! Let me know what you think of all this dishevelment!